EMBARGO FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Merafong City Appoints New Service Provider To Enhance Traffic Infringement Payments
Merafong City Local Municipality Public Safety car accidents statistics reported an increase in car accidents this year and the stats read as follows is for the month of July:
- Total number of accidents for the month: 182
- Total number of deaths resulting from accidents: 9
- Total number of serious injury resulting from accidents: 18
- Total number injured resulting from accidents: 28
- Total number of people involved in accidents without injury: 120
The number one cause of accidents is speeding on our roads. The municipality will be increasing its law enforcement activities in an effort to reduce the negative accident statistics. The community is also urged to take responsibility in making sure that they keep our roads safe, by being law abiding citizens. Members of the community are also encouraged to report traffic infringements at the traffic department. Reporting can be done anonymously.
The municipality appointed a service provider, who introduced a new platform on which traffic fines can be paid. Drivers are encouraged to use the new and user-friendly platform which will enable them to pay fines electronically. Visit www.paymyfines.co.za to register and be safe.
Some of the benefits of the platform are:
- Online viewing of traffic infringements
- Online payments of traffic infringements
- Real time finalisation of traffic infringements
- Refund requests
- Proof of payment
Drivers who cannot access internet can still make payments at Carletonville Traffic Department, Fochville Traffic Department and the Oberholzer Magistrate Court.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES: CHRIS SPIES
MANAGER: CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
018 788 9692
083 645 7986