The Roads and Stormwater Section is operating and managed within the Infrastructure Development Department were all other Engineering disciples are managed.
Roads and Storm water’s main functions are as follows:
- To provide roads which are safe, ride able and accessible.
- To provide sidewalks which are safe and accessible.
- To provide traffic calming measures to ensure safe traffic flow.
- To provide storm water infrastructure to ensure no flooding and ponding takes place.
- Maintain adequate storm water infrastructure.
- Scrutinize designs, new applications and new projects and upgrading of current roads, storm-water infrastructure.
- Ensure that all legislation pertaining to Roads and Storm water is complied with.