Waste Management functions of the Municipality are administered as follows and include:
- Door-to-door kerb side collection service (Residential and Business areas).
- Supplementary mass container service (Where accessibility of refuse trucks are not possible).
- Clearing up of illegally dumped waste.
- Litter picking in CBD and on main pedestrian routes.
- Street sweeping and cleaning.
- Emptying of street litter bins and pole mounted containers.
- Management of Carletonville and Fochville landfill Sites in terms of permit conditions as stipulated in the permit issued in terms of Section 20 of Environment Conservation Act (Act 73 of 1989).
- Overseeing the redemption of Waste by private recycling companies.
- Management of drop – off facilities.